Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sunday late lunch: Tabouleh burgers, salad, tzaziki

Today I tried something I've never made before. Saw a friend's post on Facebook about couscous burgers and although I didn't have plain couscous, I used tabouleh instead. This is actually couscous with dried parsley, garlic and a couple of other things so in a sense it's better than straight up couscous.
Although I would have loved to have some fries or yam fries, I was hesitant because I had to use more oil than I would have liked to to avoid burning the "patties". So I relied on my trusted friend, the salad to get us through the meal.



Ingredients:

Serves 6

- 3/4 cup tabouleh
- 1/2 cup water  
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 can of chick peas
- 2 tbsp flour
- bread crumbs (optional)
- multi grain sandwich buns 
- salad greens
- cherry tomatoes
- goat cheese
- radishes, sliced
- cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup non-fat plain yoghurt

Tabouleh burger

In a bowl, combine water, lemon juice and tabouleh. Let sit until water has been soaked up.
Place chick peas and garlic in food processor and pulse until smooth. 
Mix together chick peas with tabouleh. Add flour. (I ended up adding more cause mixture was still too liquidy.) At this point you can choose to roll patties in bread crumbs if desired. 
Make pattie sized formations. Place oil in pan, let it get very hot and place patties in pan.
Toast the buns and pop pattie in the middle.
Extra: my husband added hot peppers and hot sauce to his, perhaps you like your food spicy too?

Salad

Mix together greens, radishes, cherry tomato. Squeeze lime juice on top.

Tzaziki

Mix together cucumbers, yoghurt, dill. Chill until meal is ready. Can be used either on burger or as salad dressing.

Plate, serve and enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment